- ATTENTION CUB FILM CRITICS: Berlinale Talent Campus, Goethe-Institute and FIPRESCI are inviting young film critics to Berlin for the Berlinale Talent Campus # 6 – The Talent Press. Young film critics and film journalists will be invited to Berlin to report on the films at the 58th Berlin International Film Festival (February 07 – 17, 2008) and on the events of the Berlinale Talent Campus (February 9 – 14, 2008). The application phase for the Talent Press started. The following application criteria can also be found online at www.berlinale-talentcampus.de and www.fipresci.org. TO BE ELIGIBLE you need to be: fluent in English (writing and speaking), under 30 years, eager to report on films within the framework of the Berlin International Film Festival and on events held during the Berlinale Talent Campus 2008 and have published articles in newspapers, film magazines, on websites or at universities.
- OFF THE BEATEN TRACK: The "I Festival de Cinema e Vídeo de Santa Cruz das Palmeiras' somewhere in the countryside of the state of São Paulo in Brazil is inviting applications. Any works made after 2005 with a maximum length of 15 minutes can be entered. Deadline: 26 October. Further info from here.
- Finally, over in Europe, the Clermont Film Festival is inviting applications for 2008. Registration Deadline : October 15, 2007. Registration fee : no fee. Requirements :
1) Films completed after : January 1, 2006
2) Maximum Running Time : 40 minutes
3) Origin : Worldwide, France excepted
4) Festival screening format : 35 mm, Beta SP Pal or Digital Betacam Pal